Friday, November 20, 2009

Damn those little houses for making me obsess!

Funny how you can walk right by something and it never catch your eye and then one day shit that's sweet. You find yourself day dreaming and you can't seem to shake it's sweet images from your mind.  What can you do at that point?  You must conceed! For me this week it's those little cute ass paper houses.  You know the ones, the Christmas Villages from the past.  They were sold in dime-stores in the 40's, 50's and 60's under the name Putz Houses.  These sweet morsels are covered in delicious mind melting shiny glitter so that your eye is weak in their presence.  You know where I am going with this don't you?  That's right bitches we must cave into this whim and make the damn Village.  Why would I make the delectable eye candy and not just buy them? Because bitches these little beauties can't be bought unless you go on ebay and pay out the ass for them.


So here is the plan I have so brilliantly come up with. I purchased a few large sheets of cardstock, chipboard, some glitter, a dab of acrylic paint, the ever popular bottle brush trees and went online.  I got various templates from around the web searching under Putz houses.  One site being littleglitterhouses.com proved to be a goldmine for templates. So I got all the crap to make the little morsels now on to the making.  I want a cool ten to twelve of these bad boys to adorn my armoire this season. In order to crank out the amount I am hoping for I will have to stay on task. I will update you on how my sorry ass got along.  Until then go get yourself some, you know you want to! 
~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Love these little houses do you??? Well now that you have me obsessed by them as well, I decided to try to make them too. So far I am working (a bit slowly), on making my 1863' house. Yep, NO pattern, just my house to go by. It's working out so far as I can tell, will update you on the progress with photos included...Keep On going Girls, you will soon become masters at your crafting. Your skills are unlimited!!! I am totally amazed!!!!! Just don't burn the candle at both ends, must get your rest Ladies, then more crafting of those little glittered beauties!!!!!!!!!!!! As always, Love MOM

    ReplyDelete